- Lift the receiver on your business phone and listen for the dial tone
- Dial *92 from a touchtone phone (or 1192 from a rotary/pulse). Note: If you are in the Seneca Gorham area, dial *52. If you are in the Rochester area, dial *44
- Wait to hear a special dial tone, then enter the number of rings to allow before forwarding (recommended: 4)
- Enter the call forwarding number assigned to you by Numa
- Call Forwarding is activated when someone answers the number you dialed. If you receive a busy signal or no answer, hang up and try the first two steps within two minutes.
- You will get a confirmation tone indicating that "call forward no answer" is activated
- Lift the receiver again and listen for the dial tone
- This time, dial *90 and wait to hear the special dial tone. Note: If you are in the Seneca Gorham area, dial *50. If you are in the Rochester area, dial *48.
- Enter the call forwarding number assigned to you by Numa, followed by the # sign and hang up
How to Confirm It's Working
Call your business's phone number from your personal phone. If nobody answers, you should hear your Numa Voicemail greeting.
Make sure you don't have an answering machine picking up your calls before they get forwarded.
If your business's phone line is part of a hunt group (multiple lines that ring until one is answered), you may need to set up forwarding on all the lines involved. Alternatively, you could remove your business phone line from the hunt group.
Contact your phone provider and have them double check that forwarding was set up properly and is active on your line.
Turn off Call Forwarding
- Call Forwarding No Answer: Press *93 then listen for confirmation tone.
- Call Forwarding Busy: Press *91 then listen for confirmation tone.
No matter what, don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We'll happily work with you and your service provider to get you all set up.