- Log into your RingCentral Online account to access your account Settings
- Click Call Handling & Forwarding
- Under User Hours > Incoming Calls Forward in this Order, find the "Then forward calls to" list. Add the call forwarding number provided to you by Numa
- Note: By default, there are 3 pre-labelled slots (Home, Mobile and Work) that you can assign your Numa call forwarding number to. You can also click the Add Call Forwarding Phone button to assign the call forwarding number to a new custom slot
- Many businesses have set up RingCentral to have different routing rules during business hours vs after business hours. Make sure Numa has been added as a fallback to both
Note: You can modify this pattern to insert Numa into your RingCentral phone tree anywhere you wish. For example, Numa can be added as an option within an automated menu, or as a separate fallback for each Department in your business.
How to Confirm It's Working
You can place a test call by going to Set up Numa > Phone numbers > Test my setup or call your business's phone number from your personal phone. If nobody answers, you should hear your Numa Voicemail greeting.
Make sure that the Numa call forwarding number is added to your business's routing options and that no other user, voicemail system, or routing rule in RingCentral is pre-empting Numa.
Many businesses set up RingCentral to have different routing rules during business hours vs. after business hours. Make sure Numa has been added as a fallback to both.
If needed, RingCentral support should be able to walk you through how to configure your account to forward to an external forwarding number.
No matter what, don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We'll happily work with you and your service provider to get you all set up.