There are a number of different ways to connect iPlum to Numa.
Simple Call Forwarding
When a call comes into your iPlum business phone number it will automatically be forwarded to 3 phone numbers. You can add Numa to this list of phone numbers and configure Numa to pick up after a set amount of rings. This is what is known as a simultaneous ring group. Here is how you do it:
Setup Instructions (Simple Call Forwarding)
- Log into your iPlum account.
- Navigate to Simple Call Forwarding
- Enable Call Forwarding
- Add your business's Numa number to the list of call forwarding numbers. You can find your Numa number by going to Set up Numa > Phone numbers. If Numa is the only number in the list, all calls will be answered by Numa. If you want the opportunity to answer a call, then you will need to add another number (like your cell phone or business phone) to this list in addition to the Numa number.
- Set the Incoming Caller-ID number to "Actual Calling Number". This ensures that the caller's number is passed to Numa and you can text them back with Numa.
- In Numa, go to Set up Numa > Phone numbers > Select your Numa number > Advanced Options. Add an artificial delay. Choose a delay time that is shorter enough so that you have time to answer the phones that ring in the group but not too long (or else a non-Numa voicemail may kick in).
How to Confirm It's Working
Call your business's phone number from your personal phone (or another phone). If nobody answers, you should hear your Numa Voicemail greeting.
Make sure you don't have an answering machine picking up your calls before they get forwarded.
Contact your phone provider and have them double check that forwarding was set up properly and is active on your line.
No matter what, don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We'll happily work with you and your service provider to get you all set up.