To connect Numa to your Google Fi phone line, first add your Numa number as a "Call Forwarding" number on Google Fi. The "call forwarding" label is a little confusing: it will actually ring BOTH your Google Fi phone and also Numa when someone calls. Then, we need to add a delay so that Numa waits a few rings until it picks up (so you have a chance to answer on your Google Fi phone, if you'd like). Here's how...
- Log into your Google Fi account on the web or on your mobile app.
- Go to "Call Forwarding" under "Settings".
- Add your Numa Number as a Call Forwarding Number.
- Google Fi will ask you to verify your Numa number. Easy--your Numa number is textable! So click on "Verify now" and then "Text Me"...
- Log into your Numa Inbox, retrieve the verification code that Google sent, and provide it to Google Fi to verify your Numa number as a call forwarding number.
- IMPORTANT: Google Fi will now ring BOTH your Google Fi phone and also Numa when someone calls. But Numa will pick up immediately. In most cases, businesses want a chance to answer the phone first before Numa jumps in, so we need to add a delay to Numa.
- Go to Set up Numa > Phone numbers > Select your Numa number > Advanced Options. Add an artificial delay. Choose a delay time that is short enough so that you have time to answer the phones that ring in the group but not too long (or else a non-Numa voicemail may kick in). We recommend 10-15 seconds.
How to Confirm It's Working
You can place a test call by going to Set up Numa > Phone numbers > Test my setup or call your business's phone number from your personal phone. If nobody answers, you should hear your Numa Voicemail greeting.
Contact your phone provider and have them double check that forwarding was set up properly and is active on your line.
Turn off Call Forwarding
- Log into your Google Fi account, go to Settings > Call Forwarding.
- Click on "Edit" and then "Remove" (or just turn off Call Forwarding for this number)
- If you are using Numa from a different phone, you may want to turn off the artificial delay on Numa in Set up Numa > Phone numbers > Select your Numa number > Advanced Options.
No matter what, don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We'll happily work with you and your service provider to get you all set up.