Ways to set up your Comcast phones to work with Numa
Single Phone Line
Use these instructions If you have multiple handsets but just have a single phone line (number).
Multiple Phone Lines
Use these instructions if you have multiple phone lines (often referred to as a hunt group).
- Hunt Groups (Business VoiceEdge)
- Hunt Group - (VoiceEdge Select)
- Hunt Groups (Business Voice)
- Multiple Lines - No Hunt Group
Single Phone Line - with the business phone
- Lift the receiver on your business phone and listen for the dial tone
- Dial *92 and wait to hear the dial tone again
- Enter the call forwarding number assigned to you by Numa
- Listen for a confirmation tone, this will indicate that "call forward no answer" has been successfully activated
- Lift the receiver again and listen for the dial tone
- This time, dial *90 and wait to hear the dial tone again
- Once again, enter the call forwarding number assigned to you by Numa
- Listen for the confirmation tone that indicates that "call forward busy" has been successfully activated
Single Phone Line - Online
- Log into your Comcast Business account.
- Choose Service > Phone.
- On the left side choose Features > Call Forwarding
- Turn on Call Forwarding No Answer and enter in your business's Numa number. You can configure the number of rings before forwarding, we recommend 3-4 rings.
- Turn on Call Forwarding Busy and enter in your business's Numa number
- Turn on Call Forwarding Not Reachable and enter in your business's Numa number. In the rare event that Comcast experiences a service disruption Numa will still answer.
Note: If you have multiple phone lines (that are not a part of a hunt group) you will need to perform this for each business line.
Hunt Group - Business VoiceEdge
- Sign into your Comcast Business account
- Select Services > Business Voice Edge Manager
- Select Hunt Group
- Select Manage to manage your Hunt Group settings
- Select Edit to change the Hunt Group settings
- Disable call waiting
- Set the number of seconds before forwarding calls (we recommend 20 seconds)
- Enter the Numa number as the call forwarding number
- Make sure "Send directly to voicemail" is NOT checked
- Turn on Call Forwarding Busy under the Hunt Group Call Forwarding Settings and enter in the Numa number as the forwarding number.
- Turn on Call Forwarding Not Reachable under the Hunt Group Call Forwarding Settings and enter in the Numa number as the forwarding number. In the rare event that Comcast experiences a service disruption Numa will still answer.
Hunt Group - VoiceEdge Select
Hunt Group - Business Voice
Multiple Lines - No Hunt Group
Simply follow the Single Phone Line instructions on each line.
Note: If you have multiple locations (inboxes) then you will use a different Numa number at each location.
How to Confirm It's Working
You can place a test call by going to Set up Numa > Phone numbers > Test my setup or call your business's phone number from your personal phone. If nobody answers, you should hear your Numa Voicemail greeting.
Make sure you don't have an answering machine picking up your calls before they get forwarded.
If your business's phone line is part of a hunt group (multiple lines that ring until one is answered), you may need to set up forwarding on all the lines involved. Alternatively, you could remove your business phone line from the hunt group.
Contact your phone provider and have them double check that forwarding was set up properly and is active on your line.
Turn off Call Forwarding
- Call Forwarding No Answer: Press *93 then listen for a confirmation tone.
- Call Forwarding Busy: Press *91 then listen for a confirmation tone.
No matter what, don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We'll happily work with you and your service provider to get you all set up.